CH100 Everyday Chemistry with Lab
ntroduces chemistry related topics pertaining to everyday life. Includes topics such as renewable energy, clean air and water and global climate change using a relatively nonmathematical approach. Includes atomic/molecular structure, the periodic table, chemical bonding, intermolecular forces, chemical reactions, acids/bases and the social and environmental role of chemistry. Recommended for non-science majors to fulfill the Gen Ed science with lab requirement. Prerequisite: WR 115, RD 115 and MTH 20 or equivalent placement test scores. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- WHAT YOU NEED TO PURCHASE FOR LECTURE: Chemistry in Context (CIC) : Applying Chemistry to Society, Middlecamp, C.H., Keller, S.W., 7th Ed., McGraw-Hill, ISBN: 978-1-2591654-4-3. This ISBN is for the text bundled with the on-line homework CONNECT. It is not available through amazon. It can be purchased from the PCC Bookstore. If you do not leave near a PCC campus, you can purchase Chemistry in Context 7th ed through amazon (978-0-07-337566-3) but you will have to purchase Connect separately from the Connect Website. You may want to consider renting the CIC 7th ed textbook which you can do through amazon for $30. The Connect homework purchased independently costs ~$50. You can register for Connect on-line homework purchase with the text OR purchase the code on-line using the following link: http://connect.mcgraw-hill.com/class/klmiller_winter2014 The text has changed since the 6th edition. Chapter 0 is not present in the 6th ed and therefore the 7th edition of the book is required!
- Course Specific Requirements:
- Lab: What you need to purchase LabPaq Lab Kit - Available through holscience.com. Click on Order. You will be taken to a login screen. The login/password for this course is C000289/labpaq You will then be taken to the page where you can easily add the kit for our class to your cart. It is SKU # LP-0549-CK-02 (Code CK-1) The price for the at-home-science lab kit will be approximately $185 plus shipping. It is much more expensive to take the on-line course! On campus classes do not have this kit fee. You do have the luxury of working independently (if this style of learning works for you) but it comes at a price! Do not order the kit until you are sure you are ready to stay in the class because the restocking fee is high. Note: The lab kit cannot be purchased through the PCC bookstore. The 1st lab requiring the kit will not be due until Week 3. I do not recommend taking the course if your disbursement does not occur after the 1st week of class. Please consult your financial aid adviser for information regarding your disbursement timing. NOTE: You must receive at least 70% in the lab in order to pass the entire course.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||12751||-||06-Jan-2014 thru 21-Mar-2014|
Instructor: Kristi L Miller
Notes: Labkit REQD:LP-0549CK-01 @holscience.com L:C000289 P:labpaq
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Cascade
This page includes one section only, more sections may exist for this class.