CG105 Scholarships: $$ for College
Provides a systematic approach to researching and applying for scholarships. Topics include: Creating a scholarship portfolio, Oregon Student Assistance Commission application, PCC Foundation application, internet resources, and research strategies. Students will identify skills, accomplishments, values, goals, and life experiences, and learn strategies to translate them into an effective scholarship application. Interviewing tips will be discussed. Panels and guest speakers, including scholarship winners, will share perspectives on the scholarship process. Corequisite: WR 105: Scholarship Essay Writing Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- This is a 'hands on' course designed to provide students with the skills and tools necessary to search and apply for 2 scholarships. Topics include: creating a scholarship portfolio, creating search engines accounts, securing commonly requested documents and applying for the scholarships. Students will identify skills, accomplishments, life experiences, values, and goals and then learn strategies to communicate them effectively on scholarship applications.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- This course is linked with WR 105 which focuses on essay writing for scholarships and has a prerequisite of WR 90.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||12162||-||06-Jan-2014 thru 22-Mar-2014|
Instructor: Paul L Halloran
Notes: Web Class. Must also take WR105 CRN 12622.
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Rock Creek
This page includes one section only, more sections may exist for this class.