MUS108 Music Cultures of the World
Examines musical cultures throughout the world with attention to cultural contexts and musical styles, including but not limited to Africa, the Americas, Asia, Near East, Europe and the South Pacific. Prerequisite/concurrent: WR 115 or equivalent placement test scores. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- MUSIC 108 - MUSIC CULTURES OF THE WORLD The class explores music from Africa, India, China, Japan, Indonesia, Cental Asia, the Middle East, North and South America, Latin America, and Europe. Textbook: Music of the Peoples of the World, 3rd edition by William Alves - Schirmer/Cengage Learning, Available as hard copy with CD's or as ebook with CourseMate at college bookstore or at www.cengagebrain.com www. ----Course is entirely online.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- Weekly Assignments and Discussions, Mid-term and Final Exam plus a short Paper or Listening Review of a Live Performance.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||11959||-||06-Jan-2014 thru 22-Mar-2014|
Instructor: Walter E Carr
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Rock Creek
This page includes one section only, more sections may exist for this class.