HE250 Personal Health
Explores current general health issues in emotional health and stress, physical fitness, nutrition, human sexuality, communicable and degenerative diseases and drugs from a wellness perspective. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- Greetings, I started teaching at PCC summer of 2012 and really enjoyed the way I was able to provide students with the knowledge and skills around their own personal health goals and well being. My time spent in working in mental health and addictions combined with my degree in public health has given me the opportunity to view health, wellness, and behavior change not only through the eyes of an individual, but at a systems level as well. In my life outside of PCC, I am the Director of Integrated Health Services at Cascadia Behavioral Healthcare. Cascadia is the largest non-profit mental health provider in the state of Oregon and provides outpatient, residential, and mental health and addictions services. I enjoy providing people with the skills and knowledge to work towards their own health and wellness goals. I hope to 'see' you in my class!
- Course Specific Requirements:
- Course Description: This class well explore current general health issues in emotional health and stress, physical fitness, nutrition, human sexuality, communicable and degenerative diseases, and drugs, all from a wellness perspective. Course Outcomes: From a multi-dimensional perspective, the outcomes of this course are: *Identify current personal health status Analyze health risks *Plan effective health enhancing/wellness strategies *In addition to the outcomes listed, each course module will present specific objectives for their content area. Course Prerequisites - none Required Text Your Health Today, Brief 4th Edition by Teague, Michael L., MacKenzie, Sara L.C., and Rosenthal, David N. Mc-Graw-Hill 2013 Online Resource Center for text. Link is provided in the content area.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||11381||-||06-Jan-2014 thru 21-Mar-2014|
Instructor: Renee E Boak
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Cascade
This page includes one section only, more sections may exist for this class.