BA177 Payroll Accounting
Learn fundamental skills and basic knowledge in the area of business payroll. The focus of the course is primarily in the following areas: payroll and personnel record keeping, calculation of gross pay using various methods, calculation of Social Security and Medicare taxes, calculation of federal and state income taxes, calculation of federal and state unemployment taxes, journalizing and posting payroll entries, and completing various federal and state forms. Prerequisites: BA 111 Introduction to Accounting or BA 211 or instructor permission. Recommended: MTH 30 Business Mathematics, and Microcomputer experience. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- BA 177 - Payroll Accounting On-Line course using Desire2Learn and CENGAGE NOW Course consists of learning, homework, discussions, quizzes, actual payroll problems and projects, a midterm and a final exam.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- Required Text/Material Payroll Accounting 2013, CengageNOW/CD ISBN: 9781285480954 includes Klooster & Allen's Computerized Payroll Accounting Software CD-ROM Bernard J. Bieg - Bucks County Community College Judith A. Toland - Bucks County Community College *The textbook materials are available in the Cascade, Rock Creek, Southeast Center, or Sylvania bookstore. You can also order the textbook at http://bookstore.pcc.edu/store3/CourseMaterials.aspx The Computerized Payroll Accounting Software CD-ROM only operates on a PC. If you purchase a used textbook be certain a CD is packaged with your used textbook! Also, be sure you have a 2013 textbook as the 2012 textbook does not contain current tax rates.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||11362||-||06-Jan-2014 thru 22-Mar-2014|
Instructor: Samantha N Hopf
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Cascade
This page includes one section only, more sections may exist for this class.