MSD101 Prin of Management/Supervision
Examines concepts and practical application of fundamental supervisory skills such as planning, staffing, communicating, leading, using technology, training, managing conflict, and problem solving, in addition to "quality improvement," safety, ethics, and effective performance reviews. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- This is a challenging course that examines the concepts and practical application of fundamental supervisory skills such as planning, staffing, communicating, integrating diversity into the workforce, leading, using technology, training, managing conflict, and problem solving, in addition to quality improvement, safety, ethics, and effective performance reviews. The class offers weekly online discussions and assignments, quizzes, and a research paper. Upon completion of this course, the student will have been exposed to large body of knowledge that is important in supervising a work team. In addition, the student will gain clarity on those skills and traits that are characteristic of successful supervisors. It has been my experience that students feel a sense of pride and accomplishment in completing the class!
- Course Specific Requirements:
- This course is designed for students who are seeking additional skills in Supervison and Management. The class requires the student to: 1. Have access to the text 2. An ability to read, write, and converse in the English Language (we will be covering a seventeen-chapter text during the eleven-week course). 3. Willingness to commit the time and the perseverance to complete the three-month class
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||10834||-||06-Jan-2014 thru 22-Mar-2014|
Instructor: Tim N Alexander
Notes: 971-722-6146. $20 fee.
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Extended Learning Campus CLASS
This page includes one section only, more sections may exist for this class.