CAS217 Intermediate Word
Introduces intermediate and advanced features of Microsoft Word to enhance documents through special formatting features such as graphic lines and images, Word Art, and clipart; work with headers and footers in multi-page documents; create and format tables; use advanced merge; create documents with newspaper columns; and create and use fill-in forms. Recommended: Placement into RD 115 and WR 115. Prerequisite: CAS 216 or instructor permission. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- Welcome to CAS 217, Intermediate Word. You must log in to the course and complete the first required assignment by Wednesday, January 8, 2014 to maintain your enrollment in the course. The instructions for this assignment are found in Course Information page once you log in. If you do not complete this assignment, your instructor will assign an NS grade on Friday, January 10 and you will be dropped from the course. If you have not taken an online course using Desire2Learn before, I highly recommend that you take the time to go to the PCC Distance Learning site and go through the orientation before the course starts. This will help avoid any issues in the first week of the course relating to navigating within Desire2Learn. If you have any questions, please contact Sherie Guess, Sylvania TCB 312, firstname.lastname@example.org or Rocco Charamella at email@example.com.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- The textbook and materials for the CAS 217 online course are: Microsoft Word 2010 by Nita Rutkosky and Audrey Rutkosky Roggenkamp, (Textbook includes a CD Rom containing data files and 180-day trial of Microsoft 2010 Office Suite. If you purchase a used textbook, be sure that it includes the CD Rom.) THE ONLINE TEXT FOR THIS CRN DOES NOT REQUIRE THE SNAP PACKAGE. BE SURE TO PURCHASE THE TEXTBOOK BY CRN THROUGH THE PCC BOOKSTORE. If you purchase your textbook early, there may be opportunities for used textbooks. You may order online through the PCC Bookstore. MICROSOFT WORD 2010 IS REQUIRED FOR THIS COURSE. You must have access to the software for weekly assignments. DO NOT PURCHASE A CAS 217 COURSE INSTRUCTIONAL PACKET--this is for on-campus instruction at the Sylvania campus only.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||10433||-||06-Jan-2014 thru 22-Mar-2014|
Instructor: Sherie Guess
Notes: Word 2010.Complete 1st assign by 1/08 or you may be dropped.
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Sylvania
This page includes one section only, more sections may exist for this class.