Covers a variety of personality theories including the theoretical and scientific explanations for individuals' characteristic patterns of perception, thought, emotion and behavior. Emphasizes the understanding and mastery of personality constructs applied to students' personal and professional lives. Recommended: PSY 201A or PSY 202A. Prerequisites: WR 115, RD 115 and MTH 20 or equivalent placement test scores. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- Hello! I am Vivian McCann, a full-time psychology professor here at PCC, and I will be your instructor for Psy 214 this term. This is a fascinating class that explores human personality -- in other words, what makes each of us into the individual we become? It is an intensive class, though, with heavy reading each week -- you'll need to plan on spending about 12 hours/week on the class in order to master the material. There will also be weekly quizzes and writing assignments to assess your understanding of that week's content.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- The textbook for this course is Personality Psychology: Domains of Knowledge About Human Nature, by Larsen and Buss, 4th edition. Be sure to use ISBN 9780073370682 to locate the correct book. The PCC Bookstore may not have any copies of this book, as it is an older edition. So, please obtain a copy of the book from a used book supplier (such as Amazon or Ebay), or buy/rent an electronic copy from www.coursesmart.com. Please purchase the book before classes begin, so you have it in time for the first day of class. Please note that we are NOT using the 5th edition, so be sure to purchase the 4th edition in order to have the book that exactly corresponds to the course content.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- Web Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learners:
- Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learners. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes. To learn more, go to http://www.pcc.edu/osg
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|40361 WEB »||-||21-Sep-2015 thru 12-Dec-2015|
Instructor: Vivian I McCann
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Sylvania
This page includes one section only, more sections may exist for this class.