Application and Eligibility
How You Can Receive Services
Please come into a WorkSource center and complete the center ‘Welcome Process’. This process has a few simple steps and there is no appointment necessary. Our office is open 8am to 5pm every weekday. We recommend that for a first visit, customers come in by 3pm to have enough time to get through the ‘Welcome Process'.
If you are a worker who has been laid off, or a youth between the ages of 18 and 24 and haven't already done so, please complete iMatch Skills registration online at Worksource Portland Metro.
Expect the following when you go to the WorkSource Center closest to you to register for employment and training services:
- You will need your Social Security number
- Bring a valid drivers license or legal picture ID with current address
- If male over the age of 18, register for Selective Service before you go to the WorkSource Center
- Be legal to work in the United States
- Take the WIN assessments and complete the Welcome Process, which will take between 1 and a half to 2 hours (no appointment necessary)
- You will be assigned a Job Seeker ID#
- Talk to the Welcome Team Member
Please research your chosen training program and determine pre-requisites for admission:
- Apply for Federal Financial Aid
- Apply to PCC (or other school) for admission
- Take the College Placement Test (Compass test at PCC