Applications are closed. Please contact us if you have any questions.
The Sylvania Women’s Resource Center is seeking students to participate in the Women’s Resource Center Women’s Leadership Training Program during the 2017/2018 academic year. The Women’s Leadership Training Program participants staff the Women’s Resource Center as paid Student Advocates.
Student Advocates provide information to students seeking assistance from the Center, provide peer support and advocacy, make referrals to campus and community services and programs, and develop, organize, and implement programming for the campus community.
To qualify students must:
- complete and submit an application packet and two recommendations
- complete a position interview
- have completed 12 credits at PCC within the last academic year
- be enrolled in a minimum of 6 credits per term for entire 2017/2018
- maintain an overall GPA of 2.5 or better
Benefits will include:
- $11.25 hourly wage -or- if you are eligible; work study funding
- college transferable credit through cooperative education
- a supportive working and learning environment
- an opportunity to develop leadership, peer advocacy, program planning and organization skills
Applications are due by Monday, May 1, 2017.
The Sylvania Women's Resource Center is built on a feminist philosophy of shared leadership and decision-making which promotes the empowerment and skill development of all women. The WRC sponsors a Women's Leadership Training program for the Student Advocates who work in the Center. Student Advocates develop skills in advocacy, problem solving, crisis intervention, resource research, public speaking, community organizing, coalition building, program design and implementation. If you are interested in a position in the WRC come by and find out more.