The Cascade Women’s Resource Center is seeking students to participate in the Women’s Resource Center Women’s Leadership Training Program during the 2016/2017 academic year. The Women’s Leadership Training Program participants staff the Women’s Resource Center as paid Student Advocates.
Student Advocates provide information to students seeking assistance from the Center, provide peer support and advocacy, make referrals to campus and community services and programs, and develop, organize, and implement programming for the campus community.
To qualify students must:
- Complete and submit an application
- Complete a position interview
- Have completed 12 credits at PCC within the last academic year
- Be enrolled in a minimum of 6 credits per term for entire 2016/2017
- Maintain an overall GPA of 2.50 or better
Benefits will include:
- $9.60-$9.75 hourly wage -or- if you are eligible; work study funding
- a supportive working and learning environment
- an opportunity to develop leadership, peer advocacy, program planning and organization skills
Applications are due by Thursday, May 12th, 2016 at 3:00pm.
Complete Online Application and submit in person, along with supplemental questions to the WRC. Applications and supplemental questions are also available for pick up at the Cascade Campus Women's Resource Center in SU 301.
Student Leadership Program Guiding Principles
- We are prompt, present, and prepared
- We value sincere check-in and we listen mindfully
- We offer equal opportunity to facilitate
- We resolve issues as they arise
- We nurture a safe environment in which we can ask for help
- We act in good faith
- We respect ourselves and each other
- We mentor each other
- We value and cultivate diversity
- We have fun!