In the middle of any typical day you can expect that approximately 450 sessions are open in MyPCC. We'll see lower numbers in the early morning, evenings and weekends, but during busy times (i.e., start of the term, beginning of registration) we easily reach 1,000 user sessions.
As witnessed in discussions with students, we are starting to see growing expectations around MyPCC usage. Students are looking to see if their instructors are making use of MyPCC tools such as the Course Tools. At the beginning of fall 2006 instructors activated their MyPCC Course Tools in over 1,100 course sections. On a typical day instructors send over 200 course related announcements to their students.
MyPCC Group Tools allow for an online community within MyPCC. We see ongoing growth in the number of groups being created.
- Over 100 "employee sponsored" groups (e.g., Privacy Committee)
- More than 35 "program sponsored" groups (e.g., Cascade Green Team)
- More than 40 "student organization" groups (e.g., Political Activist Club)
On a typical day, group leaders send over 50 messages through MyPCC to their members.
By the Numbers
- Percent of courses with MyPCC Course Tools active.
- Percent of degree-seeking students logging into MyPCC in a typical month.
- Percent of full-time faculty and staff logging into MyPCC over a two month period.