Web Team Goals
The purpose of this document is to give an overview of the long term goals concerning the future of the college's web presence. The web team currently maintains several large websites, each with a distinct audience. The public website for the college is located at www.pcc.edu. It includes information about the college, lists all academic programs, calendars of events, the class schedules, and a list of college resources.
The web team is dedicated to improving the college's public web presence. Our hope is to focus on improving usability while maintaining a site where information is easy to find, the content is accurate, and needs of all of our users can properly be met.
- Update the site continuity
- Prior to 2005, the website was built using many different templates. This gave separated sections of the site different looks, which often confused our users and made the site difficult to maintain. One of our current major goals is to migrate all of the content into a new standard template. For more details on the migration check out the migration schedule.
- Improve navigation
- This ongoing migration will not only help to make the website consistent, but it also gives us the chance to update the navigation and remove redundant information.
- Maintain accurate content
- With so many pages, it can be hard to maintain accurate content. Over the past few years we have been introducing a two-tiered management system. This includes maintaining much of the content directly, but also offering clients Macromedia Contribute when the pages require constant updating.