How to Get Started
- Submit the account request form. We will confirm whether you can edit this area of the site. There may be technical reasons you cannot.
- Contact the Help Desk and ask that the editing software, Adobe Contribute, be installed on your computer.
- Attend a training session. After that, you will be ready to go!
There are certain ways we do things on the Portland Community College website so that the overall website stays compliant with W3C standards and PCC standards. If your site is in the PCC template, you are starting off with a page that is compliant with W3C Standards, which means your website will:
- load faster for the user
- render better on mobile devices
- be more accessible to all users
Following the PCC standards will optimize your user's experience throughout the entire www.pcc.edu website. These standards have developed out of the user experience information the PCC Web Team gathers through user feedback, usability studies and very detailed user analytic data gathered behind the scenes.