Announcements provide space on the PCC homepage to share noteworthy information with our public audience. Announcements are of interest to a broader audience than is typically targeted by an email or a MyPCC announcement. Examples of announcements include:
- timely notifications regarding upcoming and planned closures (e.g., Thanksgiving)
- public events (that aren't currently a feature or spotlight)
- class schedule release
- public awareness spots (e.g., seasonal information regarding weather closure information)
Announcements can be used to highlight topics that would not otherwise be included as a Web feature or spotlight and to reinforce current marketing campaigns (e.g., Weekend College push).
Announcements include a short title and subdeck text. They can include a small thumbnail image displayed to the right of the posting. The title, subdeck and image link to an existing content level page or a news.pcc.edu story for more details.
Announcements are timely and short-lived. Most announcements only remain on the home page for a two week run. Typically there are only two announcements posted at any one time, but it is possible to include three items.
The Web Team manages announcement requests and posting. Requests are scheduled as part of the Web Features Committee process described on the Web Features page.
- Announcements are not:
- a sales tool for individual programs or classes
- Titles are typically two or three words
- Subdeck text is also short and preferably fits on one or two lines
- Text does not generally use "PCC" or "Portland Community College" as part of the text. The home page already provides this reference.
- Optional thumbnail image is 42 pixels by 42 pixels and is created by the Web Team or Marketing