Senior Service Corps
Sylvania CC 234 | 971-722-4358 or 503-639-7208 | FAX: 503-452-9581 | Office Hours: Tuesdays 8am - 12 noon
A great volunteer opportunity!
The Senior Service Corps (SSC) is a volunteer program for older adults. It provides seniors with meaningful projects, a chance to become part of the campus community, and the opportunity to learn about programs and classes within the college.
Senior Service Corps volunteers:
- Are age 50 years and up.
- Are covered by insurance.
- Receive parking passes when needed.
Examples of SSC Volunteers at Work
Special Projects Volunteer Pool
- Greet new students at the beginning of each term.
- Help radiology students several times each term by acting as patients during student exams.
- Host a campus information desk.
- Build sets for the theater arts program.
- Provide office support.
- Help in the library.
- Organize and maintain the rock and fossil collection for the geology department.
A Position That Fits You
We try to design a position that fits your interests and time commitments.
This could be from several times a term to once or more a week. You could work at any of PCC's campuses and centers.