PCC works to improve the quality of life throughout its service area. Building partnerships with local groups and individuals is a vital part of this effort.
- Senior Service Corps.
- The Senior Service Corps (SSC), is a volunteer program for older adults. It provides seniors with meaningful projects, a chance to become part of the campus community, and the opportunity to learn about programs and classes within the college.
- Community-Based Learning Program
- Community-Based Learning is a type of education that lets you put classroom skills into practice while serving the community. Community-Based Learning courses connect students to local schools, non-profits, and agencies to meet a specific community need. Community-Based Learning is included in a variety of courses at PCC. Community-Based Learning courses are listed in the class schedule.
- PCC's Sustainability Initiative is an umbrella program that seeks to align PCC teaching and operations with best resource conservation practices in the region. Student and community volunteers have helped restore watersheds, planted a learning garden, improved recycling systems, and have helped develop web-based resources for teachers.
- Volunteer Literacy Tutoring
- The Volunteer Literacy Tutor Program (VLT), operated by a dedicated team of staff and volunteers, serves 1500-2000 adult literacy students each year by matching them on a one-to-one or small group basis with 800 volunteer tutors throughout the city. The program has seven sites city-wide, where volunteers can access instructional materials, meet with their students, receive training or meet with a tutor coordinator.