Work-Study and Volunteer Positions Available
Be a Math Tutor in the Student Success Center
As a math tutor, you provide individual tutoring session in Math 10 up to Math 261, depending on which classes you have completed. Tutors foster successful, independent learning and integrate effective study and learning strategies to maximize the students to maximize the student's potential for academic progress. You will work closely with faculty tutors to guide students in understanding and applying course content already introduced in the classroom. Tutor training will be provided to make tutoring a successful and enjoyable experience for you.
If you are interested, please contact the Math Center Coordinator Heiko Spoddeck in the SY LIB 140 at (971) 722 - 4353.
- Tutor students in Math 10 up to Math 261, depending on which classes you have completed.
- Integrate study and learning strategies to promote independent learning.
- Participate in tutor training.
- Participate in professional development activities to improve tutorial skills.
- Work as a positive "team member" for the benefit of the entire Student Success Center.
- With the help of a faculty math tutor make appropriate referrals to other campus resources and inform the Math Coordinator or the referral if necessary.
- Assist students with the use of tutorial technology.
- Assist in the overall promotion of the Student Success Center.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Completion of MTH 95 with a grade A or B.
- Willingness to learn tutoring techniques and strategies.
- Ability to quickly establish rapport and communicate well with students, other tutors, and the Math Coordinator.