- English Skills Tutoring Schedule
- This is a printable schedule of the tutors' availability.
- English Conversation Groups
- During fall, winter, and spring terms, drop in on these free Conversation Groups in the Student Learning Center’s Conference Room. (Groups are most appropriate for students at ESOL level 4 or higher.)
- Workshops To Improve Your English Skills
- During fall, winter, and spring terms, we offer workshops on a variety of helpful topics. We will have workshops on sentence fragments, run-ons, commas, writing essays, and much, much more!
- Tips for Formatting Your Papers in Microsoft Word
- During fall, winter, and spring terms, we offer workshops to help you learn
some tips that will help you format your papers efficiently.
- Self-Paced English Classes for 0, 1, 2, and 3 Credits
- Develop your English skills at your own pace. Contact us for more information. (This class is not offered during summer term.) Starting this fall, you have another option too: 1-Credit English Skills Workshop/Lab Class --ALC 51A.
- Conversation Partner Program
- Participants wanted for the English Conversation Partner Program!
Please read the instructions first.
Then complete the orientation and sign up as a volunteer or a student who speaks English as a non-native language and wants to practice conversation skills. Submit inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Tutoring in Other Subjects
- Tutoring in Speech Communications, Basic Philosophy, History, and other subjects (varies each term) is available in the English Skills area of the Student Learning Center according to this printable schedule.
- YouTube Podcasts in English Skills
- Online English skills podcasts in composition, grammar, and punctutation.
- Online Study and Practice Materials
- Online English skills resources in grammar & writing, reading, vocabulary, spelling, study skills, and communication & pronunciation.