- Summer 2015 English Skills Tutoring Schedule
- This is a printable schedule of the tutors' availability.
- Summer 2015 Tutoring in Other Subjects
- Tutoring in subjects such as Speech Communications, Basic Philosophy, Law, and History (varies each term) is available in the English Skills area of the Student Learning Center according to this printable schedule.
- Fall 2015 Workshops to Improve Your English Skills--Schedule announced by September 2015
- During fall, winter, and spring terms, we offer workshops on a variety of helpful topics. We have workshops on grammar and punctuation, reading comprehension, essay writing, COMPASS Placement Test preparation, helpful software, and much, much more!
- Fall 2015 Workshops to Help You Use Technology to Succeed with Reading and Writing Assignments--Schedule announced by September 2015
- During fall, winter, and spring terms, we offer workshops intended to give you tips on keyboarding skills, citation makers, and other reading and writing-related technology.
- Self-Paced English Skills Lab Classes for 0, 1, 2, and 3 Credits See English Skill Building on PCC Schedule for registration information.
- Develop your reading, writing, and communication skills at your own pace. Contact the English Coordinator if you have questions or to schedule an orientation. These classes are not offered at Sylvania Campus during summer term.
- Summer 2015 English Conversation Groups
- Drop in on these free Conversation Groups in the Student Learning Center’s Conference Room. (Groups are most appropriate for students at ESOL level 4 or higher.)
- Summer 2015 English Conversation Partner Program
- Student and volunteer participants wanted for the English Conversation Partner Program!
We need volunteers who speak English like a native language to spend an hour a week (or more) working with students who are non-native speakers of English and want to practice their speaking and listening skills. Please review our orientation and come by the Sylvania Student Learning Center to find out more. Submit inquiries and volunteer availability forms to Shani Ong or Laurel Spillum in the center. New volunteers will be asked to read our English Conversation Partner Program Handbook and talk with an Office Lead or the English Coordinator before working with students. For a humorous introduction to how to be more culturally sensitive, participants may also view The Do's and Don'ts of Cultural Sensitivity.
- YouTube Podcasts in English Skills
- Online English skills podcasts in composition and grammar & punctuation.
Online American English Pronunciation Dictionary.
- Online Study and Practice Materials
- Online English skills resources in grammar & writing, reading, vocabulary, spelling, study skills, and communication & pronunciation.