We are an informal, open study area, with the added benefit of tutoring assistance. Tutoring is free for PCC students and is primarily done on a first-come, first-served basis. We also have a computer lab (PCs only) and offer English and Math self-paced lab classes. See the Student Learning Center Flyer
Fall, Winter, and Spring Term Hours:
The center is open Week 1 through Thursday of Finals Week (Finals week open Monday-Wednesday 9am-8pm and Thursday 9am-5pm) Friday and Saturday tutoring begins week 2 of these terms.
Summer Term Hours:
During Summer, we were open during the following times for the first eight weeks of the term.
The Math Center provides drop-in and online tutoring in math, statistics, and accounting. Self-paced credit and non-credit math classes are offered for MTH 20, 60, 65, and 95.
English Skills Center
The English Skills Center is a resource for students looking to improve their writing, reading, and communication skills. The center offers self-paced English courses, a wide variety of workshops, drop-in English conversation groups, the English Conversation Partner Program, and an online list of resources to help students improve their language skills.
- PCC Testing Center Information and ACT Study Guides
- Learning Express Library
- COMPASS Test Review Packet (entire packet, for single part see below)
- Need more information? Contact the English Coordinator Laurel Spillum or the Math Coordinator Heiko Spoddeck.
During fall, winter, and spring terms, we offer free English, math, and technology skills workshops in the Sylvania Student Learning Center: Fall 2016 workshop schedule will be announced by the beginning of fall term.
- Computer lab with Microsoft Office, Ace Reader, American Speechsounds, Inspiration, QuickBooks, Typingclub.com, and many other useful programs.
- Conference/quiet room
- Grammar and writing skills videos