Frequently Asked Questions
Have a question not listed? Contact the help desk.
Who can access the the PCC wireless network?
Here are the individuals who can access to the wireless network:
- Faculty and Staff:
- All current college faculty and staff.
- Current Students:
- Students must be enrolled in the current term.
- College Guests:
- Once on campus, individuals may request a guest account by visiting a Computer Resource Center or a PCC Library. PCC employees may create guest accounts for visitors and guests by submitting a request on the guest privileges page.
How do I access the wireless network?
Wireless enabled devices should detect a network named "PCC". Once connected to this network, you will need to open a web browser and sign in. Current students and employees can sign in using their MyPCC user name and PCC ID number.
Where do I report problems and get help?
If you are having trouble, call the appropriate help desk listed below.
- Students: Student Help Desk at 971-722-8222
- Staff and Faculty: Staff Help Desk at 971-722-4400
Can I print over the wireless network?
Yes! You'll have to configure your computer to set up a connection to a PCC printer - step-by-step instructions are available on the printing page.
Where is the wireless access available?
Wireless access is currently available in most areas on PCC campuses. Specific location information is listed on the main wireless page.
How secure is it?
Wireless access at PCC uses an open network that should be considered unsecured. It is possible for information to be "captured" by others, so it is important to exercise extra caution when entering personal information such as passwords, or credit card numbers. However, many websites that require this kind of personal information have their own security measures. If you are in doubt, wait until you have a wired connection before submitting any personal information over the internet.