Professional Learning Communities (PLCs) are safe and confidential spaces where facilitated conversation supports the exploration of dilemmas relating to our professional practice. We will learn skills, acquire tools, and practice processes that enhance our knowledge of teaching and learning.
Sylvania: New PLC forming this quarter with a focus on Equity and Inclusion
- Facilitators: Sylvania’s Teaching Learning Center Co-coordinators (Dorothy and Michele). Equity and inclusion will be explored by reading articles followed by facilitated discussions as well as inviting faculty to share their professional challenges around this topic.
- Meetings: Wednesday, 3:30-5:30; First meeting is October 14. The current plan is to meet the first Wednesday of the month starting in November, same time.
- Location: Sylvania. Building/room TBD.
- Future meetings: Wednesday’s at the same time (currently reserved November 4th and December 2nd).
- If interested in joining this group, please email Dorothy Payton (firstname.lastname@example.org) and/or Michele Marden (email@example.com).
Sylvania: Existing PLC open for new members
- Facilitators: The existing PLC will be facilitated by Lara Messersmith-Glavin and Ralf Youtz. This PLC explores a range of topics, driven by instructors’ experiences and interests.
- Meetings: At Sylvania campus, monthly on Fridays, 10-12 If interested in joining this PLC, contact Lara Messersmith-Glavin (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Cascade, Rock Creek, Southeast
There are PLC's at other campuses. Contact Sally Earll (email@example.com) for more information.