Registration and Orientation
Attending a Session
Attendance at a Registration and Orientation session is mandatory. Remember, Cascade and Willow Creek are two separate testing centers. You can only test at the Testing Center where you completed your Registration and Orientation.
No appointment is necessary. No late arrivals can be accepted. You must bring the required paperwork, listed below, or you will not be allowed into Orientation. The Orientation will take approximately 90 minutes. You must stay for the entire session in order to complete the GED sign-up process.
Gather Required Paperwork
Before attending Registration and Orientation, gather the required paperwork:
- Government Issued photo ID. Accepable forms are:
- Valid State drivers license, DMV permit or identification card; passport; or military ID card.
- State ID Cards must include the following five elements:
- Current Address
- Date of Birth
- If you are 16 or 17 years old, you must also have ONE of the following:
- Release from Compulsory Education. This form includes the ORS statute as well as the signature of a parent/legal guardian and a school official. It can be obtained from your high school, or ESD (school district) office.
- Oregon Option Form and Purple Bubble-Form.
- Home Scholars: ESD/Parent Assurance Form and Purple Bubble-Form.
- Students who move into a school district and choose not to enroll in the Oregon Education System will be excluded from GED testing until the age of 18.
Do you need Test Accommodations?
If you have a documented disability and would like test accommodations, visit Disability Services GED Test Accommodations for step-by-step instructions on obtaining accommodations and accommodation forms. As of October 15, 2013, any application submitted will only be considered for testing in 2014.
Cascade Dates & Instructions
- You are required to pay in advance and bring your receipt to the Orientation. No exceptions. Please arrive one hour early before the hours shown below and sign-in:
- Tuesdays at 1pm
- Thursdays at 10:30am
- If you want to take your GED Test in Spanish please notify the Testing Center staff before the Registration and Orientation begins.
Willow Creek Dates & Instructions
- We encourage you to pay in advance. If you have done so, bring your receipt with you to orientation.
- Registration sessions are Tuesdays and Saturdays from 8:45am-10am, in Room 220.