Spanish GED Program
PCC’s Spanish GED Program offers classes in Washington County, Northeast Portland, and Southeast Portland that prepare students to take the Spanish-language version of the GED exam. All Spanish GED classes are taught in Spanish.
Most employers, apprenticeship programs, community colleges and universities accept the GED Certificate as a substitute for a high school diploma.
Click on a question below to get the answer:
- Where are Spanish GED classes offered?
Portland Community College’s Spanish GED Program offers classes in Washington County, Northeast Portland, and Southeast Portland. Classes are available in the mornings and evenings and on various days.
- How do you register for Spanish GED classes?
All new students must first take an assessment test before registering for Spanish GED classes. For information about testing and registration dates for new students, please visit the ABE Orientation & Placement Sessions Calendar and search for the following events:
- Willow Creek Spanish GED Assessment & Registration (in Beaverton)
- SE Center Spanish GED Assessment & Registration (in Portland)
Students can also call the Spanish GED line 971- 722-6219. Students are not required to take a GED class before taking the GED exams.
- How much do Spanish GED classes cost?
Spanish GED Classes cost from $52-$61 for a ten week course. Classes are available in the mornings and evenings and on various days. Fees can be paid at any PCC Student Account Services.
- Are Spanish GED classes available online?
Currently, the Spanish GED Program at PCC does not offer online Spanish GED courses.
- How do you take the Spanish GED exams?
Students can take the GED exam at PCC. Students are not required to take a GED class in order to take the GED Exams.
- How long will it take to get your GED?
The time needed for students to get their GED depends on skill level, class attendance, and the student’s dedication to studying. Each student is unique and each will need a different amount of time to complete the GED.
- Is there any difference between the Spanish GED and English GED exams?
No. Both certificates are identical and do not state in which language the student took the test.
- Are Spanish GED books and online materials available?
Also, the following online resources can be used to help prepare for the Spanish GED exams:
- How can you go to college for free after getting your the Spanish GED?
Students who graduate from PCC’s Spanish GED Program are eligible to receive 12 free credits of college classes. For more details on this program contact: Vanessa Hernandez