1) To qualify for the Program, you must meet all of the following criteria:
- Show academic need by being placed into, or enrolled in, at least one of the following classes:
- RD 90 or RD 115
- WR 90 or WR 115
- MTH 20, MTH 60, MTH 65, MTH 70 or MTH 95
- ESOL 260, ESOL 262 or ESOL 264
- Take at least 9 credits each term
- Be able to attend at least 50% of your classes at the Cascade Campus
- Be in good academic and financial aid standing
- Complete at least one term of 9+ credits at PCC successfully before admission into the Program
- Be able to commit to the Program for at least one year
2) And you must meet at least 1 of the following:
Priority will be given to students who meet both the low-income and first generation college student qualifiers.
- 1. Low Income:
- Be low income according to the Federal TRIO Programs Annual Low Income Levels.
- 2. First generation college student:
- This means when you were growing up, the parent(s) you lived with had not graduated from a four-year college or university
- 3. Student with a documented disability:
- Be registered with PCC Disability Services
- Attend an Information Session at Cascade Campus in the Orientation Center, SSB 206
- Upcoming sessions: Tuesday, November 10 and Tuesday, November 24 from 1-2pm
- At the Information Session, we will ask for your contact information so that we may provide you with the program application. If you cannot attend one of our Tuesday Info Sessions, please contact our office to learn more about applying.
Sylvania ROOTS can be reached at 971-722-8195.