1) You must show academic need
To qualify for the ROOTS Program, you must meet all of the following criteria:
- Show academic need by placing into at least one of these PCC
courses, based on COMPASS test scores:
- RD 90 or RD 115
- WR 90 or WR 115
- MTH 20, MTH 60, MTH 65, MTH 70 or MTH 95
- ESOL 260, ESOL 262 or ESOL 264
- Attend PCC and be registered for 9 or more credits per term
- Take the majority of credits either at the Cascade Campus or at the Sylvania Campus
- Be in good academic and financial aid standing
- Complete at least one term at PCC successfully
2) And you must meet at least 1 of the following:
Priority will be given to students who meet both the low-income and first generation college student qualifiers.
- 1. Low Income:
- Be low income according to the Federal TRIO Programs Annual Low Income Levels.
- 2. First generation college student:
- This means when you were growing up, the parent(s) you lived with had not graduated from a four-year college or university
- 3. Student with a documented disability:
- Be registered with PCC Disability Services
If you would like to apply for the ROOTS Program, please complete the ROOTS Information Session at your prosepective campus.