1) You must show academic need
To qualify for the ROOTS Program, you must meet all of the following criteria:
- Show academic need by placing into at least one of these PCC
courses, based on COMPASS test scores:
- RD 90 or RD 115
- WR 90 or WR 115
- MTH 20, MTH 60, MTH 65, MTH 70 or MTH 95
- ESOL 260, ESOL 262 or ESOL 264
- Attend PCC and be registered for 9 or more credits per term
- Take the majority of credits either at the Cascade Campus or at the Sylvania Campus
- Be in good academic and financial aid standing
- Complete at least one term at PCC successfully
2) And you must meet at least 1 of the following:
Priority will be given to students who meet both the low-income and first generation college student qualifiers.
- 1. Low Income:
- Be low income according to the Federal TRIO Programs Annual Low Income Levels.
- 2. First generation college student:
- This means when you were growing up, the parent(s) you lived with had not graduated from a four-year college or university
- 3. Student with a documented disability:
- Be registered with PCC Disability Services
If you would like to apply for the ROOTS Program, please complete the ROOTS Information Session at your prospective campus. Sylvania ROOTS can be reached at 971-722-8195. Cascade ROOTS can be reached at 971-722-5752.