1) To qualify for the Program, you must meet all of the following criteria:
- Show academic need by being placed into, or enrolled in, at least one of the following classes:
- RD 90 or RD 115
- WR 90 or WR 115
- MTH 20, MTH 60, MTH 65, MTH 70 or MTH 95
- ESOL 260, ESOL 262 or ESOL 264
- Take at least 9 credits each term
- Be able to attend at least 50% of your classes at the Cascade Campus
- Be in good academic and financial aid standing
- Complete at least one term of 9+ credits at PCC successfully before admission into the Program
- Be able to commit to the Program for at least one year
2) And you must meet at least 1 of the following:
Priority will be given to students who meet both the low-income and first generation college student qualifiers.
- 1. Low Income:
- Be low income according to the Federal TRIO Programs Annual Low Income Levels.
- 2. First generation college student:
- This means when you were growing up, the parent(s) you lived with had not graduated from a four-year college or university
- 3. Student with a documented disability:
- Be registered with PCC Disability Services
- Review the eligibility requirements.
- Apply online for the TRIO SSS Program at Cascade Campus
Sylvania ROOTS can be reached at 971-722-8195.