The purpose of PCC Intramural Sports is to provide recreational activities for the students, faculty and staff of Portland Community College, which are safe, competitive and enjoyable. While the games are often competitive, providing a fun, social atmosphere and promoting good sportsmanlike behavior among participants and spectators are our primary concerns. The game atmosphere should remain good-natured and the participants and spectators should maintain good sportsmanship throughout their participation in all facets of the Intramural program.
Participation in PCC Sylvania Intramurals is for the entire PCC community, including students, faculty and staff. The PCC Intramural Code of Conduct will encompass all of the PCC Code of Student Conduct standards as outlined at: http://www.pcc.edu/about/policy/student-rights/, as well as the following rules designed to enhance fair play, cooperation and ensure everyone has a great time!
- Good sportsmanship is mandatory. Participants and spectators must treat everyone, at all times, in a respectful manner.
- All disputes and protests will be reviewed and decided upon by the Intramural Supervisor or Assistant. The decision of the Supervisor/Assistant is FINAL.
- Only students, faculty and staff are eligible to participate in Intramural programs. Anyone not enrolled or employed by PCC must remain on the sidelines.
- Appropriate attire is required at all times.
- Foul language and angry-aggressive behavior will result in immediate expulsion from the event.
- The Intramural Supervisor or Assistant may make a decision to cancel an outside event due to inclement weather. In the event of a cancellation, all players must exit the field at the direction of the Supervisor/Assistant. We will do our best to inform players beforehand if a cancellation is anticipated through the Sylvania Intramurals website in the announcements box.