Board resolution 96-88 designates the Print Center as the Board approved department to provide copier and printing services. Accountability and security are required in addition to a full service contract for maximum up-time with vendor staffing to reduce "key op" duties on the part of administrative staff.
Our current Board approved contract with Xerox provides:
- ALL service and supplies (delivered, installed and empties picked up and recycled)
- A full time Xerox associate to resolve issues immediately or escalate a service call.
- Training at equipment install and anytime upon request.
This has been a successful deployment for the past eight years and the cost per copy reflects these requirements which also include server, software and Print Center staffing to administer the copier ID system.
Staff has access to shared copiers for department use located in the majority of buildings (listed below.) These copiers use a personal copier ID number with cost of $.05 for copies and $.04 for network printing. Scanning to e-mail is an additional service offered at no charge but users have to be logged in to the copier to use this function. Ask your administrative assistant to submit a request for your personal copier ID number.
Coin operated copiers are also available for staff and student use at $.10 cash per copy.
Departments can elect to have a copier if the following applies:
- Print Center will recommend copier based on departmental history and volume.
- Power and PACE connections can be provided
- Equipment, service, supplies, installation, training, recycling and customer assistance are coordinated by Print Center.
- Personal copier IDs are used to access the Xerox machines (some exceptions)
- The entire monthly cost must be covered by the copy/print charges – if the cost is not covered the using department will be charged the difference.
- Print Center will maintain and furnish paper as needed.
Please call for further information at x4346.
Staff Copier Locations with Copier ID access:
AM 210, CC 115, CC 124, CC 208, CC 230, CC 247F, CT 206, HT126, HT 311,
LIB 114, SS 215, SS 217, ST 104, ST 203, ST 300, TCB 312.
MAHB 105, JH209, PSEB132, SC204, SSB101, SSB209, SSB 300, TEB102, TEB213, TH221, TH223.
Bldg. 2-219, Bldg. 3-205, Bldg. 5 -S17, Bldg.6-108, Bldg.7-220, Bldg 9-19, Bldg 9-115.
MTH 121, MSH 100, MTH 128.
Rm 112, 300
2nd Floor, 3rd Floor.
Rooms 105, 211, 310, 411.