Commuting to PCC
Commuting to PCC campuses can present challenges to students, faculty, staff, the environment, and our neighbors. That’s why we offer alternatives to driving alone. Help us improve the livability of our community by riding transit, the PCC shuttle, biking, carpooling, or walking to PCC. If you need a nudge to get started, give us a call at 971-722-4597 and we’ll give you a hand.
- Parking Permits
- With certain exceptions, any vehicle parked on a PCC campus or center must display a current parking permit on their rear view mirror or dash. Permits are required at PCC year round for both staff and students.
- PCC Intercampus Shuttle
- The Shuttle is a free service to PCC students, faculty, and staff providing transportation between campuses, Portland State University, select transit stops, and some overflow parking lots.
- Public Transit
- PCC has cost saving programs in-place for students, faculty, and staff. Tri Met tickets and passes are also available for purchase at all campus bookstores.
- Biking to work and/or school has benefits for your health, your wallet, and the environment. There are bike racks, locker rooms, and showers available at most campuses.
- Car Sharing
- Car Sharing is a short-term car rental agreement where you pay by the hour and the rate includes your insurance and gas. If you drive a Car2Go or Zipcar to a PCC Campus, you will not need a parking permit. Car2go has a designated parking spot at Cascade, Sylvania and Southeast.
- Ride Sharing
- In addition to saving gas, carpoolers are eligible for a discounted parking permit.
- 2-wheeled motor vehicles park for free on PCC campuses.
- Free, healthy, and carefree!