What is Course Tools?
Course Tools is a learning management system within MyPCC. You can share course files, post links, create discussions, and post announcements for your students to access online. You can also send simple emails to your students.
Please note that we are sunsetting Course Tools. In Fall 2017, all credit courses will be given space on D2L and by Summer 2018 Course Tools will no longer be available.
Course Tools Refresh
Course Tools from Spring 2016 or before
Course materials from spring 2016 or before can be found by going to the old MyPCC. Instructions to the left.
The refresh for MyPCC was completed on June 15th, 2016. Course Tools underwent a number of changes. As a result, courses prior to summer 2016 could not be copied over to the new interface. This means that you will need to re-upload the content into your Fall term courses.
To access course materials prior to summer 2016:
- Log into the old MyPCC
- Click on My Courses
- Click on the desired course
To transfer your materials to your Fall term courses, you will need to:
- Download the documents from your previous course in the old MyPCC to your computer
- Copy/paste any links into a text editor (like Word)
- Upload the files and copy/paste links into your Fall course in MyPCC
Using Course Tools
If you are planning on using Course Tools for you campus course, please review the following information to get started.
- Switching between D2L or Course Tools in MyPCC
- Course Tools Guide for Instructors
- Course Tools Guide for Students
If you would like training, please contact your campus IT Specialist to schedule a 1-1 training or check out our training workshop schedule. A group demo of MyPCC Course tools is available for department and/or committee meetings. Please contact Andy Freed to arrange a demo.
Consider using D2L
D2L is not just for online courses! Since Course Tools is being phased out, we recommend using D2L instead. Think of it as a "pro" version of Course Tools. You can customize it to only have the features you want! To get started, our department has set up a basic template for campus instructors that mimics the simplicity and features of Course Tools. We want to make using D2L as easy as possible for you!
- Course Tools vs D2L Comparison Chart
- Guide to transitioning from Course Tools to D2L
- What is D2L?
- D2L Training Workshops
- Requesting a D2L Campus Shell
Other Important Information
Grades in Banweb*
Entering Final Grades
- Login to MyPCC
- Click on the Faculty Tab
- Click on Final Grades
- Select the appropriate term
- Select the appropriate CRN
- Enter Grades as A, B, C, D, F, P, or NP. If "F" or "NP" is entered, you are required to enter a last attendance date in the form of MM/DD/YYYY
- When finished, click Submit
This grade change is not complete. Here is a reminder of the college's electronic grade change procedure. As this ensures security compliance (FERPA law), this is the only way we will accept grade changes electronically.
- Log into MyPCC
- Click on the Faculty Tab
- Click on Summary Class List
- Select the Appropriate Term
- Select the Appropriate CRN
- Scroll to the very bottom of the page and click the Grade Changes link
- Complete the entries on the Grade Change Request page (instructions appear at the top of the page)
- When you have completed your entries, click Submit
*Our department does not support Banweb. Please contact registration office at 971-722-7100 for any issue with entering grades in Banweb.