What is Desire2Learn?
Desire2Learn (D2L) is a course management system; a password protected, course online delivery option that is used to add special components to your class, such as:
- Online discussions
- Online quizzes/surveys
- Online assignment dropbox
- Student gradebook
- Links to web resources, e-Resources
Desire2Learn is used for distance education, classroom/web, and classroom based classes. Online Instructor Orientation (OIO) for new online instructors are offered each term. D2L Help desk for instructors is available weekdays 8 AM - 5 PM, except on holidays.
We are now tentatively planning on an upgrade date of June 18th, 2014. Here are top 7 highlights of the upgrade:
- View as a Student
- Equation Editor
- HTML Editor
Our staff has been preparing for this upgrade and are excited to show you the new version. We are going to offer sneak-peek trainings starting on May 20th for those of you who haven't yet seen the new system.
- Overview Session registration form - For campus instructors who want to use D2l to complement their campus course
- Quizzes Session registration form - For instructors who would like to utilize the quizzes functionality in the Learning Management System, Desire2Learn. You can free up some class time for other things by posting your quizzes online.
- Discussions and Dropbox Session registration form - For instructors who would like to use the Dropbox for students to submit their assignments so they don't clutter the email system, and use Discussion area as a way for students to collaborate outside of classroom. Desire2Learn, our Learning Management System, can provide you with Dropbox and Discussion tools for your class.
- Grades Session registration form - For instructors who would like to utilize the gradebook functionality in the Learning Management System, Desire2Learn.
- Desire2Learn FAQs
- Desire2Learn resources for faculty
- Desire2Learn resources for students
- Online Learning Orientation for Desire2Learn students is available in the OSRC and inside each template course.
- Request an Account - For a fully online class. This form must be completed by the division dean or department chair
- Request a course or an account - For campus based class, including hybrid/CLWEB, teleweb or IVC. Must be completed each term you want to use D2L.
- Request for Crosslisting courses - merging multiple CRNs into one course shell.