What is Blackboard Collaborate?
Blackboard Collaborate is a simple web conferencing app that has the tools you need to engage your students in a variety of educational opportunities. Participants can easily join your sessions via their mobile devices or from their computer. Webcam, microphone, chat, polling, and screen-sharing integration creates a highly interactive environment for participants no matter their location. The modern interface makes a snap to learn.
*Please note that Blackboard Collaborate version 12 and Online Rooms will no longer be supported after December 2016.
See a complete list of our Training Opportunities calendar. You do not need to register for the Collaborate Training sessions to attend, just click on the link and enter your name.
Please contact your campus IT Specialist if you cannot attend the session listed.
Mobile Web Conferencing App
To use your mobile device to access a Collaborate Ultra session, you will need the BB Student Mobile App.
- Audio and Video Setup
- Moderator Guide
- Participant Guide
- Collaborate Ultra inside D2L - Instructor Guide
- Blackboard Collaborate with the Ultra Experience Video Tutorials
- Accessing Collaborate Ultra from a mobile device
For more information about Collaborate, see Collaborate On-Demand Learning Center. If you need help, please contact Blackboard Collaborate Technical Support at 1-877-382-2293 (toll free, available 24 hours/day - 7 days/week).
- If you want to use Collaborate in D2L, you don’t need an account. However, You will need to request a D2L account because Collaborate is integrated within D2L.
- For use outside of D2L, you will need an account. All PCC faculty/staff should have an account. Login to Blackboard Collaborate, username is your MyPCC username and password is your G# (capital G included).
- If your attempt to login failed, you may need to request a Collaborate account.
- If you already have an account but forgot your password, go to the login page and click on "Lost your password" link.
- Students and other participants do not need to have a Collaborate account. The moderator simply provides the participants with a web link (and the meeting name, if necessary).