What is Mediasite?
Mediasite allows you to create online training, briefings and courses automatically. You can create your presentation using any video or digital presentation source while the Mediasite Recorder records and synchronizes your audio, video and slides. Presentations may be indexed, which allows viewers to search for slides or chapters. You can immediately distribute your presentation with others.
This technology is available in PCC IVC classrooms. The IVC control room staff will do the recording; all you need to do is present your material
What can you create with Mediasite?
- Short clips of routine topics that students may need to review, as many times as they want.
- Full length lectures ( a one hour lecture produces about a 200mb .WMF file).
- You can incorporate video, audio, computer, visual presenter, or VHS-DVD into your presentation.
- Post production editing (if needed) will be done by competent staff in IVC control room.
- You will be provided with a link to post inside your course (MyPCC, WebEasy or Desire2Learn).
Presentations can be published in these formats:
- USB devices
- Stream media server (you will receive a link to your finished production within 24 hours.)
Preparation for Mediasite Production:
- View the Mediasite samples productions (listed below).
- Organize your material and brainstorm learning objectives.
- We recommend writing a script. The script can be posted on a telepromter for your use during production and act as a transcript post-production.
- If you are not familiar with Interactive Video Classroom (IVC), learn more or contact Chelsea Sprauer or Sue Quast.
- Schedule a production time in the IVC classroom on your campus.
- At the time of your recording, let the Media Services Technician know which final format you want.
SamplesPlease use Internet Explorer to view samples.
- Fostering Success Forum (2-11-11) - Chris Chairsell and John Emerson
- Feature: using the skills of the video production team and mashing it to Mediasite.
- PCC HR Benefits Briefing (8-18-11) - HR Representatives
- Feature: HR Benefits presentation.
- ESOL - Past Progressive I - L. Deniz and S. Bailie
- Feature: short lecture presentation.
- Math 111b (5-10-07) - Terese Sieber
- Feature: math lecture with annotation using starboard.
- Writing 122 (8-28-09) - Bryan Hull - Visit to Cordoba
- Feature: visit to Cordoba (has a high resolution background) and a tour to Second Life.
- AVS 120 Class One and AVS 120 Class Two (8-4-08) - Katie Leonard-Floyd
- Feature: lecture in IVC, interacting with students from different campus, showing computer screen and starboard.
- Geology 108 (week 10 - What are Biologic Organisms and Ecosystems) - Betts Gebhardt and Jill Betts
- Feature: green screen shooting with high resolution background.
For more information, contact: