The Next Step Scholarship represents several different scholarship opportunities at the University level for students who are current PCC students within the Future Connect program.
Below you will find a list of all the scholarships currently available to students who are participating in Future Connect.
Below you will find a list of all the scholarships currently available to students who are participating in Future Connect. If you are also connected to Middle College, you are eligible for both sets of scholarships.
The process contains four steps:
- Choose your school (If you haven't done this already)
- Choose the scholarship that aligns with that school
- Apply now. You will need to have the following information:
- College transcripts from all schools attended (unofficial copies are acceptable)
- Two letters of recommendation.
- Educational Recommendation – teacher, principal, guidance counselor, or others who know the student in an academic capacity
- Personal Recommendation – anyone who has known the student at least two years and is not a family member
- Follow up with admissions and transfer requirements to the school of your choice
Future Connect Scholarships
Portland State University: 25 slots available
Application Time frame: applications are accepted any time prior to the PSU transfer deadlines for fall term.
These scholarship(s) are for $3,400 per year, for your junior and senior years of college at Portland State University. Scholarship dollars will go towards tuition, books and fees for Future Connect Scholars who are transferring.
- Student must have completed a transfer degree prior to start at PSU.
- This scholarship is renewable for up to 2 years.
- No essay or letter of recommendation required.
- Email your Coach and Margarita Hernandez at firstname.lastname@example.org the following information:
- PSU ID#
- Intended start term
Lewis and Clark College: 5 slots available
Application Time frame: applications are accepted any time prior to the Lewis and Clark College transfer deadlines for fall term. The Common application must be completed before April 1.
These scholarship(s) cover all tuition, books and fees for Future Connect Scholars who have earned their associate’s degrees from Portland Community College and are transferring over to Lewis and Clark.
Eligible candidates must meet the following criteria for consideration:
- Must complete AAOT degree at PCC during the 2015-16 academic year, as a Future Connect program participant.
- Student must have met with a Lewis & Clark adviser to review eligible credit for transfer.
- Must be admitted to Lewis & Clark, as a full-time degree seeking undergraduate student to begin in Fall 2016. Applications for admission must be submitted via the Common Application at www.commonapp.org no later than April 1. College transcripts and one letter of academic recommendation, required. Your academic recommendation cannot be from a Future Connect Coach.
This scholarship is renewable for up to 2 years.
Pacific University: 3 slots available
Pacific University will be offering up to three, renewable, full-tuition and fees (plus average book stipend) scholarship award to PCC Students completing their AAOT degrees through the Future Connect program.
Eligible candidates must meet the following criteria, for consideration:
- Must complete AAOT degree at PCC during the 2015-16 academic year, as a Future Connect Program participant.
- Must be admitted to Pacific University no later than March 1, as a full-time degree seeking undergraduate (Forest Grove campus only) to begin in Fall 2016. Applications for admission must be submitted via the Common Application at www.commonapp.org.
- College transcripts and letter of recommendation, required.
- Pacific University Future Connect required application.
- Must maintain good academic standing (full-time in fall and spring semesters, 2.0 per term and cumulative college GPA while attending Pacific) to be eligible for scholarship renewal.
Finalists selected from eligible applicant pool will be invited to interview on the Pacific University Forest Grove campus during the first week of March. Scholarship awardees to be selected by selection committee. Successful candidates will be notified by mid-March, and will be provided financial aid award indicating scholarship offer.