The Next Step Scholarship represents several different scholarship opportunities at the University level for students who are current PCC students within the Future Connect program. To be eligible please apply by March 1 2017.
Below you will find a list of all the scholarships currently available to students who are participating in Future Connect.
Below you will find a list of all the scholarships currently available to students who are participating in Future Connect. If you are also connected to Middle College, you are eligible for both sets of scholarships.
The process contains four steps:
- Choose your school (If you haven't done this already)
- Choose the scholarship that aligns with that school
- Apply now.
- Follow up with admissions and transfer requirements to the school of your choice
Future Connect Scholarships
Portland State University: 25 slots available
These scholarship(s) are for up to $3,400 per year, for your junior and senior years of college at Portland State University. Scholarship dollars will go towards tuition only and are considered remission scholarship dollars covering the unmet need of the tuition. Please note: books and fees are not covered by this scholarship.
- Student must have completed a transfer degree prior to start at PSU.
- This scholarship is renewable for up to 2 years.
- Student must apply prior to completing courses at PCC.
- Scholarship is only valid for starting fall term. If a student completes PCC courses and starts at PSU in winter, scholarship will start Fall term of that year.
- Email your Coach and Margarita Hernandez at email@example.com the following information:
- PSU ID#
- Intended start term
Lewis and Clark College: 5 slots available
Application Time frame: applications are accepted any time prior to the Lewis and Clark College transfer deadlines for fall term. The Common application must be completed before April 1.
These scholarship(s) cover all tuition, books and fees for Future Connect Scholars who have earned their associate’s degrees from Portland Community College and are transferring over to Lewis and Clark.
Eligible candidates must meet the following criteria for consideration:
- Must complete AAOT degree at PCC during the 2016-17 academic year, as a Future Connect program participant.
- Student must have met with a Lewis & Clark adviser to review eligible credit for transfer.
- Must be admitted to Lewis & Clark, as a full-time degree seeking undergraduate student to begin in Fall 2017. Applications for admission must be submitted via the Common Application at www.commonapp.org no later than April 1. College transcripts and one letter of academic recommendation, required. Your academic recommendation cannot be from a Future Connect Coach.
This scholarship is renewable for up to 2 years.
Pacific University: 3 slots available
Pacific University will be offering up to three, renewable, full-tuition and fees (plus average book stipend) scholarship award to PCC Students completing their AAOT degrees through the Future Connect program.
Eligible candidates must meet the following criteria, for consideration:
- Must complete AAOT degree at PCC during the 2016-17 academic year, as a Future Connect Program participant.
- Applications for admission must be submitted via the Common Application and the Pacific University Future Connect required application by February 15 to begin in Fall 2017.
- College transcripts and letter of recommendation, required.
- Must maintain good academic standing (full-time in fall and spring semesters, 2.0 per term and cumulative college GPA while attending Pacific) to be eligible for scholarship renewal.
Finalists selected from eligible applicant pool will be invited to interview on the Pacific University Forest Grove campus during the first week of March. Scholarship awardees to be selected by selection committee. Successful candidates will be notified by mid-March, and will be provided financial aid award indicating scholarship offer.