Exceptions to Full Course of Study
10 things you need to know about exceptions to full time enrollment.
- To maintain your immigration status you must attend full time (at least 12 credits) each term.
- Don’t drop below full time until you consult with an International Student Advisor. You need to get an approval to enroll part time.
- Not all students qualify for part time approval. If you do not get an approval you need to stay registered full time or you will be out of status.
- If you are having problems in any of your classes talk to your instructor or an International Student Advisor about the situation. DO NOT STOP ATTENDING CLASSES! If you stop attending your instructor can withdraw you which might put you below 12 credits and you would be out of status.
- If you are not able to register full time because of an illness or other medical condition make sure you contact an International Student Advisor before you register for less than 12 credits.
- To qualify for part time approval based on illness or other medical condition you must have medical documentation verifying your medical condition.
- If you are planning to graduate and need to take less than 12 credits in your last term to complete the degree requirements, contact an International Student Advisor. You may be able to get a part time approval.
- If you attend full time for 3 consecutive terms you qualify for a vacation term. During vacation term you are considered on break, you can stay in the US and you not required to register.
- Students on post-completion OPT are not required to register.
- Students who have been approved for concurrent enrollment are not required to register for full time. PCC permits concurrent enrollment in very limited circumstances and student must have prior approval form an International Student Advisor.