There are four employment options available to international students while in the U.S. To find out more click on the paw below.
The following applies to all employment options:
- Must be in status with F-1 visa regulations
- All employment requires a Social Security Number
- Most work permits need to be approved by USCIS and require an Employment Authorization Document (EAD)
- All unauthorized employment by an F-1 student constitutes failure to maintain status.
- On Campus Employment
- Optional Practical Training (OPT)
- Curricular Practical Training (CPT)
- Severe Economic Hardship