Eligibility for TRIO Talent Search
Patty and Sophia
To be eligible for TRIO TS a student must:
- Be a first generation college-bound student. A student is a first generation college student if neither of her or his parents has received a four-year college degree
- Meet low-income eligibility guidelines as determined by the Federal Office of TRIO Programs in the U.S. Department of Education
- Attend one of our Target schools (link to Target Schools)
- Have and maintain a minimum 2.00 GPA
- Have parents or legal guardians who did not graduate from a four-year college or university
- Be eligible for free or reduced lunch
- Be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States
*You must fill-out and turn-in a completed application to be considered for the program.
What if I Don't Meet the Eligibility Requirements?
Students who demonstrate a need for TRIO TS services who do not meet the two requirements above may still be admitted into the program as mentioned previously.
- Fill out the TRIO application.
- Mail the TRIO application to:
TRIO Talent Search
Portland Community College, WCC/301
P.O. Box 19000
Portland, OR 97280-0990
TRIO TS flyer
Still have Questions?
TRIO TS has assigned an Advisor to your school. Visit the advisor directly or call at 971-722-7572.