Peer Notetakers play a Valuable Role at Portland Community College
Students who are recruited by Disability Services to share notes with classmates are eligible to receive a Thank You gift at the end of the term. Gift Certificates in the amount of $25 per credit (prorated for partial terms) are available and can be used at the bookstore or to help offset tuition charges.
Here's how the process works
- The student who is eligible to receive notes works with Disability Services and initiates a formal request
- The instructor reads the recruitment announcement to the class or sends it by email (unless the student says they want to recruit on their own). The announcement is included by email when students request notetaking or can be found on this recruitment flyer.
- The student(s) who are interested in sharing their notes apply online at www.tinyurl.com/pccnotetaker
- If selected, the notetaker either uploads notes into the system or exchanges them with the student directly.
- Disability Services provides a Thank You gift at the end of the term for peer notetakers
Disability Services can provide carbonless paper or access to a photocopier as needed
NCR (“no carbon required”) notepaper is available in packs of twenty sheets. Students may get packets from the following locations:
- Cascade Campus:
- Packs may be obtained from the Advising and Counseling Front Desk (SSB 150).
- Rock Creek Campus:
- Packs may be obtained from the Disability Services Office Assistant (9/118).
- Southeast Center:
- Packs may be obtained from the Disability Services Office Assistant (SCOM 116).
- Sylvania Campus:
- Packs are available from the Disability Services Office Assistant (ST 229).
You and your classmate may choose to use a free photocopy machine available at most campuses. Contact the DS District Coordinator for details about this notetaking option. Students receiving this accommodation may only copy lecture notes (no books, class assignments, or personal work), they must be present when copies are made, and they must complete the information on the clipboard each time copies are made.
|Students who are eligible to receive notes||
|Students who are serving as peer notetakers||