GED Test Accommodations
Wendy Palmer, DS District Coordinator | 971-722-8881 | TTY: 503-246-4072
Important Deadline for 2013 Test
(2002 GED Series Test)
Submit completed paperwork at PCC by Thursday, October 10, 2013, at 12 noon.
All incomplete paperwork or submissions after this deadline will be processed for the new 2014 Computer Based Test that will be released after January 1, 2014
Due to the GED 2013 Closeout, we are expecting a dramatic increase in accommodation requests. PCC GED Testing Office will not guarantee that appointments will be available. There is no appointment available after December 1, 2013.
PCC offers GED examinations at the Cascade Campus and Willow Creek GED Testing Centers. Students who have documented disabilities may be eligible for accommodations such as:
- a writer to transcribe the multiple choice or essay sections
- extended time
- a distraction-reduced site
- a raised workspace
- an audio, enlarged print, or Braille text version
- a sign language interpreter for directions
Here are the steps to receive GED accommodations:
- Obtain an application form and a copy of guidelines for your evaluator:
- Intellectual Disability (ID)
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Psychological and Psychiatric Disorders (EPP)
- Learning and Other Cognitive Disabilities (LCD)
Additional information is also available:
- Accommodation Document Guidelines for Candidates
- Accommodation Request Form Checklist
- Accommodation FAQs
- Give the form to your diagnostic professional to complete. The diagnostician is the person who diagnosed your disability or who is your current treatment provider.
- Submit your request paperwork to Wendy Palmer, the college’s liaison with the state office. She will submit your request to the State of Oregon’s GED Office for review. Note that this step may take eight to twelve weeks.
- Receive your letter notifying you of the state’s decision. If you have been approved for accommodations, the letter will include the date by which you must complete your exams.
- Attend a GED Orientation and begin taking your exams. All GED accommodation request paperwork is held by the Cascade GED Testing Center. If you wish to take your exams at the Willow Creek site, Cascade staff may assist you in making the transfer.
You have one year to complete your GED exams. The deadline is the date your accommodation request paperwork was approved by the state. If you wish a time extension, you must submit a Request for Extension (Of a previously approved accommodation) [pdf]. Updated documentation of your disability may also be required. Contact Semhal Yehdego or Wendy Palmer for assistance.
The college charges all students an exam fee. For current fee and test registration information, call the GED Testing Office or go to the PCC GED State Exam website. There are no additional charges for accommodations.