The following items are available to current students for checkout through the library. Students may want to contact the library to verify item availability. No prior approval through Disability Services is necessary. See our complementary page for loans of equipment that are more specialized.
Please note that training in the use of loaner equipment is available through Disability Services. Please contact any campus DS Office to get scheduled for individual or group training.
These lightweight units run on rechargeable AA batteries and can be used for several days on a single charge. They offer a full keyboard and the ability to save multiple documents or spreadsheets. Files can be sent to computers or printers via USB cable. There are both Dana and Neo models available. The Neo allows for large type.
Check the availability:
Laptops for short term use- 4 hour
These are laptops that can be checked out for four hours at a time by students who need to use voice recognition software. We recommend reserving one of the library rooms to ensure a quiet space in which to work. A microphone is included.
- Check the availability of the Dragon Laptop
- Check the availability of the AT Kits (contain Dragon plus IVEO)
There are a wide range of keyboards available for use. Units can also be placed in classroom locations upon request. Examples include curved ergonomic split keyboards, large print high contrast keyboards, as well as compact keyboards.
Check the availability:
- Microsoft natural ergonomic keyboard 4000
- Datalux TUGUW space-saving USB keyboard
- Chester Creek VisionBoard 2 large print keyboard
- Datalux MUGUC space-saving USB keyboard
- Ergonomic gel keyboard wrist rest
- Adesso Tru-Form Pro ergonomic keyboard
- Ai Squared ZoomText large-print keyboard
- Keys-U-See large print USB keyboard
There are a variety of alternate mousing options including trackballs, tablets, and other input devices.
Check the availability
- Microsoft comfort optical mouse 3000
- Evoulent vertical right-handed mouse 2 optical
- Evoulent vertical left-handed mouse 2 optical
- Cirque EasyCat USB touchpad
- Logitech Trackman marble mouse
- 4D finger scroll mouse
- Kensington expert mouse
- Kensington turbo mouse trackball
- Wacom graphire tablet
There are a variety of tools available that can be used to amplify the sound of those who are speaking. Examples include FM systems (which have two parts, both a microphone and transmitter which is worn by the speaker, and the headphones and receiver which is worn by the student). Self contained units, microphones, and specialized devices such as electronic stethoscopes.
- Comtek AT-216 digitally synthesized wireless auditory assistance kit
- Conference-Mate FM wireless conference microphone adapter
- 3M Littmann Electronic Stethoscope 3100
- Lapel microphone
- WilliamsSound Pocketalker Ultra
- WilliamsSound personal P.A. system 400
- WilliamsSound hearing helper FM transmitter and receiver
There is a large range of accessories available.
Magnification or Display Aids
We have both low tech magnification tools such as magnifying sheets, or glasses and higher tech hand held devices that use a camera and light to magnify.
Calculators and Dictionaries
Franklin spellers, talking calculators for both basic arithmetic and scientific functions.
- Reizen 10 digit talking calculator
- Sci-Plus 300 talking scientific calculator
- Orbit Orion TI-34 talking scientific calculator
- Franklin SCD-1870A talking Merriam-Webster's collegiate dictionary
- Sci-Plus 200 low vision scientific calculator
Headset microphones as well as goose-neck table top units that connect with USB are available.
Cassette recorders and players as well as digital recorders and players are available along with specialized DAISY book format devices.
- Victor Reader Vibe
- Plextalk pocket PTP1 book reader and recorder
- Olympus VN-8100PC digital recorder
- Olympus VN-960PC digital recorder
- Olympus VN-6200PC digital recorder
- Olympus VN-5200PC digital recorder
- Olympus VN-801PC digital recorder
- Olympus VN-2100PC digital recorder
- Panasonic RQ L51 cassette dictaphone
- Sony TCM-150 cassette recorder and player
Adjustable angle reading desks, articulating arms, and gel keyboards and mouse pad rests are available.
- ErgoDesk adjustable angle reading desk
- Kantek ultra-lite folding hand truck cart.
- ErgoRest articulating arm support
- Copy Holder
- Mouse pad with ergonomic gel wrist rest
- Microsoft natural keyboard elite
Note that the library also has digital recorders that can be borrowed for up to one week at a time. If you wish to borrow the units for the full-term you will need to specify this at the time of check-out.