PCC makes a variety of equipment available to students on a term by term basis. Much of this equipment can be borrowed directly from the library by current students with active library accounts. While general AT is available through the library on a first-come first-served basis, there are also more specialized loans of tools such as tablets and laptops that require approval and coordination through Disability Services. Most of the Loans through DS are meant to provide students with opportunities to try technology-based approaches that may be new. It is an opportunity to "try it before you buy it" but is not meant to provide students with ongoing personal home-based use of college-owned equipment. Please contact Disability Services if you have questions, suggestions, or are in need of training.
Items Loaned through the Library
Most general AT, such as alternate mice, keyboards, calculators, microphones, etc. can be borrowed by anyone who needs them.
Items Loaned through Disability Services
Specialized loans are available through DS upon approval for items such as Classmate readers, iPads, Laptops, etc.
In addition to the items that can be checked out from the library, there are also specialized hardware and software applications that can be loaded onto computers as needed to ensure equal access, and Ergonomic Furniture such as chairs, podiums, and height adjustable tables that can be placed in classrooms and labs across our campus and extension sites as appropriate to meet individual need.
See our Adaptive Computing page for details on open access computing stations across our campuses that are equipped with enhanced features such as larger monitors, height adjustable tables, scanners, CCTVs and specialized software.
TTY and Video Phone locations
- Cascade Campus
- Student Services Building, payphone at street level entrance
- Student Center Building, library, free
- CLIMB Center for Advancement
- Payphone at street level entrance
- Portland Metro Workforce Training Center
- Career Center (no charge for career center trainees/emergency calls)
- Rock Creek Campus
- Building 9, Information Center (no charge)
- Southeast Campus
- Mt. Tabor Hall, payphone at street level entrance near Crossroads Café
- Sylvania Campus
- College Center (CC) Building, payphone behind Information near the glass doors
- Health Technology (HT) Building, payphone on lower level near parking lot doors
- Science Technology (ST) Building, Disability Services office
Video Phone for deaf students (located in the Sylvania Accessibility Center in CC260)