- Items Loaned through the Library - most general AT can be borrowed by anyone who needs it
- Items Loaned through Disability Services - specialized loans are available through DS upon approval
PCC makes a variety of equipment available to students. Much of this equipment can be borrowed directly from the library by current students with active library accounts. Specialized items require approval and coordination through Disability Services. The information below outlines the types of equipment that are available and provides links to view the current holdings. Please contact your Disability Services Counselor if you need an item that doesn't seem to be available.
The following items are available to current students for checkout through the library. No prior approval is necessary.
These lightweight units run on AA batteries and can go days without a recharge. They offer a full keyboard and the ability to save multiple documents or spreadsheets. Files can be sent to computers or printers via USB cable.
AT Laptop for short term use
This is a Dell 6530 that can be checked out for four hours at a time by students who need to use voice recognition software. We recommend reserving one of the library rooms to ensure a quiet space in which to work.
There are a wide range of keyboards available for use. Units can also be placed in classrsoom locations upon request.
- Adesso Tru-Form Pro ergonomic keyboard
- Ai Squared ZoomText large-print keyboard
- Chester Creek VisionBoard 2 large print keyboard
- Datalux MOGUC space-saving USB keyboard
- Datalux MUGUC space-saving USB keyboard
- Datalux TUGUW space-saving USB keyboard
- Infogrip BAT keyboard
- Keys-U-See large print USB keyboard
- Microsoft natural ergonomic keyboard 4000
- Microsoft natural keyboard elite
There are a variety of alternate mousing options including trackballs, tablets, and other input devices.
- Logitech Trackman marble mouse
- Cirque EasyCat USB touchpad
- Evoluent Vertical mouse 2 optical
- 4D finger scroll mouse
- Kensington expert mouse
- Kensington turbo mouse trackball
- Microsoft comfort optical 3000
- Wacom graphire tablet (with mouse)
There are a variety of tools available that can be used to amplify the sound of those who are speaking.
- Pocket Talker personal amplification system
- WilliamsSound hearing helper FM transmitter and receiver
- WilliamsSound personal P.A. system 400
- Lapel microphone
- Comtek AT-216 digitally synthesized wireless auditory assistance kit
- Conference-Mate FM wireless conference microphone adapter
- 3M Littmann Electronic Stethoscope 3100
There is a large range of accessories available.
Magnification or Display Aids
- Boost Personal Magnification Device
- Magnifying sheet
- 3M EX10XXL display screen filter
- Magnifying glass
Calculators and Dictionaries
- Franklin SCD-1870A talking Merriam-Webster's collegiate dictionary
- Reizen 10 digit talking calculator
- Sci-Plus 300 talking scientific calculator
- Orbit research Orion TI-34 talking scientific calculator
- TI-86 with external large format display
- Plextalk pocket PTP1 book reader and recorder
- Sony TCM-150 cassette recorder and player
- Victor Reader Vibe
- ErgoDesk adjustable angle reading desk
- ErgoRest articulating arm support
- Ergonomic gel keyboard wrist rest
- Mouse pad with ergonomic gel wrist rest
These small devices are often used in lectures, for dictation, and for notes to self.
- Olympus VN-5200PC digital recorder
- Olympus VN-6200PC digital recorder
- Olympus VN-801PC digital recorder
- Lexar digital MP3 player and voice recorder
Note that the library also has digital recorders that can be borrowed for up to one week at a time. If you wish to borrow the units for the full-term you will need to specify this at the time of check-out.
The items loaned through Disability Services are provided on a term by term basis. Approval is required and training is available. Please consult with your DS Counselor if there are questions or concerns about the loan process.
These are typically loaded with specialized software or are needed for other specific reasons.
- DS Dell Latitude E6420 laptop
- Dell Latitude E6520 laptop
- Dell Precision M6300 laptop
- Dell Precision M90 laptop
Note that the library also has laptops and ipads that can be checked out for use within the library for set windows of time.
Specialized Magnification Options
- LVI Magnilink student addition MLS video magnifer (may be paired with a laptop, or used with a monitor or TV)
- Motic moticam 100 high-resolution live imaging camera (used in labs with microscopes)
The Livescribe Smart Pens and Dot Paper are used to create mulutimedia notes. Loaners are provided on a "try it before you buy it" basis that is limited to a single term.
Note that the bookstores also sell livescribes and supplies which can be purchased with financial aid and that DIsability Services offers training for anyone who wants to attend (students, staff, and faculty).
The Disability Services IPads are for loan to students who experience specific vision impacts that make it important to have a portable CCTV option, zoom and/or text to speech. Loaners are prioritized for those with both alternate format and direct classroom needs.
These portable players feature a color touch screen and play materials off of SD cards. They function as authorized Learning Ally players and can be used to access DAISY, HTML, Doc, RTF, TXT, or MP3. Loaners are prioritized for those with alternate format needs who do not have other playback options.
In addition to the items that can be checked out from the library, there are also specialized hardware and software applications that can be loaded onto computers as needed to ensure equal access, and Ergonomic Furniture such as chairs, podiums, and height adjustable tables that can be placed in classrooms and labs across our campus and extension sites as appropriate to meet individual need.
See our Adaptive Computing page for details on open access computing stations across our campuses that are equipped with enhanced features such as larger monitors, height adjustable tables, scanners, CCTVs and specialized software.
TTY and Video Phone locations
- Telecommunication Devices
- Cascade Campus
- Student Services Building, payphone at street level entrance
- Student Center Building, library, free
- Central Portland Workforce Training Center
- Payphone at street level entrance
- Portland Metro Workforce Training Center
- Career Center (no charge for career center trainees/emergency calls)
- Rock Creek Campus
- Building 9, Information Center (no charge)
- Southeast Center
- Mt. Tabor Hall, payphone at street level entrance near Crossroads Café
- Sylvania Campus
- College Center (CC) Building, payphone behind Information near the glass doors
- Health Technology (HT) Building, payphone on lower level near parking lot doors
- Science Technology (ST) Building, Disability Services office
- Cascade Campus
- Video Phone for deaf students (located in the Sylvania DS office in ST 229)