Faculty and Staff Play an Important Role in Making PCC Accessible
Top Tips and Best Practices
- See our page on the Online Accommodation Management System
- Please complete our brief Faculty Orientation to Disability Services
- Review the Quick Reference Guide
- What Faculty Need to Know...in the first week
- Quick Facts - September 2013
- See our Handouts page for a wide range of resources that can be used in classes, trainings, etc
- Check our Events page for training opportunities and workshops that are open to the whole community.
- Accommodation Tips
Choosing Content or Service Providers to Adopt
www.pcc.edu/publishers - provides information related to the relative pros and cons of adopting particular materials from publishers such as textbook companion sites, complementary resource libraries, and interactive exercise and test bank options that integrate with pcc learning management systems.
Creating Accessible Instructional Materials
www.pcc.edu/access - provides quick instructions, detailed tutorials, as well as on-campus training opportunities
Finding Accessible Multimedia Content
This handout on searching for captioned video[pdf] provides tips for finding YouTube content with actual captions (not transcribed automatically) and also discusses functionality of interactive transcripts.
- Ensuring Accessibility through Collaboration and Technology (EnAct) - California State University system
- The ACCESS project - Colorado State University
- Center for Implementing Technology in Education
Subject Area Specific Resources
Art Beyond Sight
This resource provides educators with examples and resources for multi-modal
AccessSTEM from the University of Washington
This resources provides educators with examples such as talking data
collection tools and strategies
This resource list is quite comprehensive and includes detailed
The Diagram Center
This Benetech offering is funded by the Department of Education
to make it easier, faster, and more cost
effective to create and use accessible images so that students with print
disabilities have timely access to the information they
Archive recordings and custom report pages available to PCC Staff and Faculty
- Spaces page for links to recordings and/or login information (requires PCC credentials to access)
- The Disability Services Resource Collection is growing!
- We have a variety of resources to share and recommend for those who are interested.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org [opens in new window] to let us know what you are looking for.