Disability Services Events
Engage with Disability Services
There are a variety of opportunities throughout the year in which Disability Services connects with students, staff, and faculty across the district. We offer resources, training, and support.
Students who are just getting started with Disability Services will need to attend an information session.
Disability Services is happy to attend department or division meetings, or to work individually faculty. Please also see our page devoted to helping faculty acclimate to the online accommodation system
Teaching and Learning Center Sessions 2013-2014
We will be offering sessions at each campus on a variety of topics through the year. Note that we will have a Collaborate session open for faculty or staff who want to participate from their desk. The time for each event is 4pm.
EMAIL email@example.com to sign up for Technology Sessions!
These sessions explore a variety of tools and Techniques that are available for use through PCC. This session may be required for students borrowing equipment from Disability Services, but is also open to staff and faculty and the general student population who are interested in how these technologies work.
Check in with the Disability Services Office Assistants at any campus to verify availability on any particular date.
General availability is listed below.
- 10-5 Monday at Cascade
- 10-5 Tuesday Rock Creek
- 10-5 Wednesday at Southeast
- 10-5 Thursday Sylvania
- 10-5 Friday at Cascade
Additional appointment times are also available upon request.
For questions about technical assistance and technology exploration contact DS Accessibility Specialist Phyllis Petteys.
Participants can learn more about:
- Read and Write Gold - which supports literacy through multimodal content delivery and other learning tools.
- Voice Recognition - built into some operating systems, and allows individuals to dictate rather than type.
- Magnification - built into operating systems, but also available through other software and hardware options.
- Livescribe - produces multimedia notes, is sold in our bookstore, and is featured in a Disability Services Universal Design Pilot project.
- Using the Accommodation management system to make or monitor requests