Now Accepting Applications!
To apply to be an Oregon Leadership Institute leader, please complete the Application and Contract.
We are currently seeking students to participate in our leadership program. The Oregon Leadership Institute Mentor Program is a year-long leadership/mentor program. Participants will take part in a year-long leadership development program and mentor 2-3 high school students through the Multicultural Center as OLI Mentors. Mentors put into practice advocacy, problem solving, communication skills, mentoring, and program planning. Students selected, as OLI Mentors, will:
- Commit for the entire academic year 2013-2014 to serve as a mentor (Fall-Spring)
- Oregon Leadership Institute Course Schedule:
- All classes will be held Monday and Wednesdays from 2-4pm
- Fall term - Identity and Diversity CG191, 4 credit course weekly (Monday and Wednesday 2:00-4:00pm
- Winter term - Mentoring CG 190 (3 credits) and Job Finding Skills CG 209 (1 credit)
- Spring Term - Chicano, Latino Studies CHLA 201 (4 credits)
- Maintain a 2.5 cumulative GPA and 3 credit hours per term at Rock Creek.
In addition to the classes, you are required to contact your high school mentee on a weekly basis. The mentees will have 5 sessions starting Winter Term. Those dates will be given by September.
I am excited you will be embarking on this journey with the rest of the team. This promises to be an exciting year. If you allow yourself to truly be challenged as a leader you will grow along other student leaders. Are you ready to take this challenge?