We are currently seeking students to participate in our leadership program. The Oregon Leadership Institute Mentor Program is a year-long leadership/mentor program. Participants will take part in a year-long leadership development program and mentor 2-3 high school students through the Multicultural Center as OLI Mentors. Mentors put into practice advocacy, problem solving, communication skills, mentoring, and program planning. Students selected, as OLI Mentors, will:
- Commit to serve as a mentor for the entire academic year (Fall-Spring).
- Enroll and participate in the following Oregon Leadership Institute Courses:
- Fall term - Identity and Diversity CG191 (4 credits)
- Winter term - Mentoring CG 190 (3 credits) and Job Finding Skills CG 209 (1 credit)
- Spring Term - Chicano, Latino Studies CHLA 201 (4 credits)
- Maintain a 2.5 cumulative GPA and 3 credit hours per term at Rock Creek.
- Contact your assigned high school mentee on a weekly basis.
I am excited you will be embarking on this journey with the rest of the team. This promises to be an exciting year. If you allow yourself to truly be challenged as a leader you will grow along other student leaders. Are you ready to take this challenge?