The purpose of this session is to provide students with further opportunity to practice the presentation skills that help a leader to convey ideas and impact an audience. Students are encouraged to incorporate their theoretical and reflective insights concerning leadership into application activities that involve intercultural communication skills and public presentations. In this session, students will:
- Consider varying communication styles and the impact of culture on communication.
- Practice skills that can help address communication issues in challenging, diverse situations including those involving language barriers.
- Create individual or group presentations for Graduation that will showcase the knowledge, skills and attitudes that they have developed by participating in OLI.
Objectives and Outcomes
Students will be able to:
- Critically evaluate a presentation/speaker.
- Develop oral presentation skills.
- Incorporate intercultural communication skills.
- Identify topic and format for graduation presentation.
- Develop plan for presentation.