The purpose of this session is to provide OLI students with an opportunity to explore a variety of career and college options. The session is held at an institution of higher learning, and provides students with the opportunity to:
- Interact with recruiters from a variety of colleges and companies.
- Attend a variety of workshops regarding college requirements, applications, scholarship opportunities and courses of interest.
- Interact with other college-bound minority youth who may or may not be OLI participants.
Objectives and Outcomes
- Gain an awareness of college requirements and opportunities including application process, financial aid, and career options.
- Interview two people in careers they find of interest.
- Identify three colleges they may be interested in attending.