Equity Ambassadors are a group of high achieving students, from various cultural backgrounds, who are afforded an opportunity to assist and support the Multicultural Center at Rock Creek. Ambassadors have an interest in developing leadership skills through intercultural collaborations, campus wide involvement through conference and program planning, diversity training, and interaction with PCC students, faculty, staff, administration and the larger surrounding community.
Being an Equity Ambassador is an excellent opportunity to improve your leadership skills, help plan and set up multicultural programs and activities, participate in recruitment and retention activities, and become better connected with the college community. Ambassadors network with college administrators, faculty, students and staff. Besides meeting new people, making long-lasting friendships, and working with a team of highly motivated and responsible students, Equity Ambassadors become trained in social justice issues. The program is a leadership development series for students who want to gain an in-depth experience in social justice and be trained in a nationally recognized prejudice reduction program.
- What do you do?
- Through a combination of workshops, retreats, and volunteer opportunities you will learn about the leadership skills needed to make a difference on campus and in the community. You will also be challenged as you learn of social injustice issues affecting our surrounding community and campus.
- At the end of the program you will have: formed partnerships with other emerging student leaders, engaged key PCC faculty and staff, learned about campus-wide leadership opportunities and resources, become trained in the area of anti-oppression and social justice.
Key Positions within the Program
You may hold more than one position.
- ASPCC Liaison Coordinator:
- Represents MC to Larger PCC Community, attends ASPCC staff meetings weekly, co-facilitates weekly staff meetings, serves on college committees, advocates for Students of Color, helps other members and projects when needed.
- Events Coordinator/Multicultural Programming Committee Representative:
- Plans activities and events designed to foster community/advocacy building, serves on college committees, advocates for Students of Color, helps other members and projects when needed.
- International Education Liaison Coordinator:
- Represents MC to International Community/ students at PCC, plans and coordinates activities in conjunction with the International Education Office, serves on college committees, advocates for Students of Color, helps other members and projects when needed.
- Marketing/Street Team Coordinator:
- Designs flyers, posters, etc. for each MC event, maintains informational boards for MC around campus, serves as official secretary in staff meetings, serves on college committees, advocates for Students of Color, helps other members and projects when needed.
Meet the 2015 - 2016 Equity Ambassadors