Sylvania SS 215 | 971-722-4419 | FAX: 971-722-4959
Willamette West Habitat for Humanity
Visit the organization web site: www.habitatwest.org
- What We Do
Willamette West Habitat is dedicated to eliminating substandard housing and homelessness. We believe that every one should have a simple, decent, affordable place to live in dignity and safety. Every day in Washington County, low-income, hard-working families struggle to find affordable places to live. Our work to generating homeownership and benefiting our community by building simple, decent, affordable homes in partnership with these families has resulted in over 74 families permanently escaping poverty housing. We believe in this mission, because we have seen first-hand how affordable homeownership impacts families, children, and communities.
- Opportunities for service with us
There are many ways to get involved with Willamette West Habitat for Humanity.Construction:
Build homes with other volunteers and new homeowners Tuesday, Wednesday or Saturday from 8:15am to 3:30/4pm. Sign up online at http://www.habitatwest.org/volunteer-schedule. Want to bring a group out? Contact our Volunteer Coordinator, Danielle Baker, at email@example.com or 503-844-7606 ext. 111. No experience is necessary!Don’t think you want to build? There are other ways to help out. Join one of our committees!Committees:
- Help with the selection of our future homeowners through a yearly application meeting.
- Serve as a mentor to one of our new families. Check in with a family from time to time and serve as a liaison between a family and Habitat staff.
Help with fundraising events at churches and act as a liaison between faith based groups and Habitat.
- Help the Volunteer Coordinator reach out to new businesses, schools, faith organizations, and groups in the community to raise awareness, recruit volunteers, and fundraise.
- Help with community events such as employee giving fairs, employee volunteer recruitment fairs, church alternated giving fairs, service club speaking engagements, community events, fairs and festivals, trade shows
- Could be weekday, evening or weekends, based on your availability
Board of Directors:
** Time commitment for committees varies
- Help with the growth of the affiliate, help make major decisions for the affiliate
- Preferred way to contact:
- Bus Service
- Hawthorne Farm Max Blue Line, 48