Sylvania SS 215 | 971-722-4419 | FAX: 971-722-4959
Bridger Elementary School
Visit the organization web site: http://www.pps.k12.or.us/schools/bridger/
- What We Do
Bridger is a K-8 school that celebrates its diverse community, engages the creative minds of its students and challenges kids to achieve their full potential. Located at the foothills of Mount Tabor in the Montavilla neighborhood, the school offers both a neighborhood and a Spanish-immersion program.
- Opportunities for service with us
**All volunteers must complete a background check that clears them for working with youth and children.**
The longer term commitments for which we are seeking volunteers are:
- After School Enrichment Class Instructor
- Classroom Assistant
- Homework Club Helper
There are three terms of after-school classes during the school year (Fall: October 6 - November 20, Winter: January 26 - March 12, Spring: April 6 - May 21). Help is needed from 3-5:30PM on Monday-Thursday. Students are split up into classes of around 15 students based on grade level, and each student participates in Homework Club before attending an enrichment class (such as Recycled Art, DIY Board Games, Illustrated Storybooks, Engineering Quirky Machines, Cooking, LEGO Robotics, etc.)
If a long-term commitment is not possible, there are also many one-time events that could use support, such as:
- Community Care Day, August 23rd 9:00-1:00PM Come clean up our school and do light yard work to get the school in tip top shape before students return. Bring your own labeled tools. Lunch provided for volunteers.
- Monthly Food Distribution - Food for Families, Sept-June, 3rd Friday of the month 1:00-5:00PM Help unload food from delivery truck, bag produce, and distribute to families who come to receive the food.
- Fall Costume Ball, October 24th 5:00-9:00PM Come help our school celebrate the spooky season by leading small games and activities.
- Winter Craft Night, December 9th 5:30-8:00PM Come help lead a winter craft event for families to do together. All supplies and craft projects are already prepped - you just need to come help students complete them.
- Family Game Night, January 28th 5:30-8:00PM Come play or lead a game for families - can be anything from board games to cards to basketball. Beat the winter blues by spending some quality family time together!)
- Building Bridges to Bridger Auction, February 28th 5:30-10:00PM All sorts of help is needed from serving appetizers, helping with registration, selling raffle tickets, monitoring the silent auction area, gathering prizes for auction participants, and more. Come help us raise funds for our Bridger community.
- Dia de Los Ninos, Dia de Los Libros, April 30th 5:30-8:00PM Come celebrate a dynamic Mexican festival celebrating children and also literacy for all. Activity leaders needed, as well as food service helpers).
- Mt. Tabor Blast, May 16th 9:00-2:00PM Join our school community as we get active at nearby Mt. Tabor Park. In small teams, students complete mental and physical challenges located around the park to compete for prizes. Challenge leaders are our biggest need.
- Preferred way to contact:
- Bus Service
- None entered