Sylvania SS 215 | 971-722-4419 | FAX: 971-722-4959
Girls Inc. of the Pacific Northwest
Visit the organization web site: http://www.girlsincpnw.org
- What We Do
Girls Inc. inspires all girls to be strong, smart and bold! Our gender specific programs and research-based curricula provide girls with the confidence and self-esteem to access a bright and economically-independent future.
- Opportunities for service with us
You believe that girls are strong, smart and bold. Our Girls Guide volunteer opportunity is the essential way to be involved with girls and deliver our gender specific, research-based programs.
Our after-school Girls Groups provides Girls with the confidence and self-esteem to access a bright and economically independent future.
We are currently recruiting for Fall 2016 Girls Guides. Please check the Events Calendar to view the dates of our Fall 2016 Girls Guide Volunteer Trainings or fill out our simple online Volunteer Application to start the process!
THE GIRLS GUIDE ROLE WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Girls Inc. will provide you with training in group facilitation, age-appropriate and gender specific program delivery, and highly researched, ready-made curricula and activities for you to implement with our Girls Groups.
- You’ll get to know the girls in your group better each week, and they will love meeting you!
- As a Girls Guide volunteer, you’ll be paired with a volunteer or staff co-facilitator.
- We give you supplies and curriculum – you bring your enthusiasm for empowering girls!
Our programs are typically delivered after-school, Monday -Thursday and begin between the hours of 1PM-4PM. The majority of our groups are in North and Southeast Portland and we have a few sites in Hillsboro/Beaverton, Gresham/East Portland, Woodburn, and several groups in The Dalles.
Held once per week for eight consecutive weeks in the fall, winter, and spring, our Girls Groups mimic school calendars and each Group usually lasts from 90-minutes to 120 minutes each.
We take special care to match you with a group that works for you; one that is conveniently located and during the hours that fit your schedule whenever possible.
SIGN ME UP! HOW DO I APPLY?
Here’s what the process looks like:
- Apply to be a volunteer online
- Receive an email from Girls Inc.
- Attend a Girls Guide Training
- Get matched to a Girls Group site
- Co-Lead a program!
- Preferred way to contact:
- Bus Service
- None entered