Sylvania SS 215 | 971-722-4419 | FAX: 971-722-4959
Deadline for applications for 2013-2014 is Wednesday, Sept. 25th at 5pm.
Every fall, a new faculty cohort comes together to satisfy their curiosity about community-based learning and fulfill their need for professional development. The CBL Faculty Cohort is an opportunity for instructors to convert a course of their own into a community-based learning course. All full and part-time faculty (from any discipline) are eligible to apply for the cohort in early Fall. Each accepted cohort member receives a $500 stipend for their time and work during the year.
As a cohort, each instructor prepares a course for a service-learning assignment/project by attending two class sessions on service-learning pedagogy. Additionally, we meet throughout the year to discuss service-learning, particular projects & pedagogy we are trying to implement, and to troubleshoot as a course is in motion.
The sessions are facilitated by Community-Based Learning Faculty Coordinators and our District Program Coordinator. Cohort members learn about the payoffs and pitfalls of community-based learning, then develop an enriching, manageable, and sustainable learning project that deepens their students’ experience of their course.
Participation in the Community-Based Learning Faculty Cohort is by application only. Applications for 2013-14 year are being accepted now! The deadline to apply for the CBL Faculty Cohort is Wednesday, September 25th at 5pm. Applications can be turned in to the Community-Based Learning Program Office (SY, SS 215) or submitted via email to email@example.com.
Meeting Schedule 2013-14
|Meeting #1||Community Partner Workshop||Meeting #2||Final Seminar|
|October 18, 2013||November 8, 2013||November 22, 2013||January 24, 2014|
- Oksana Kuzminova, Business Administration
- Hsiao-Yun Shotwell, Chinese
- Charlie Presti, History
- Maria Alejandra Bonifaci, Spanish
- Carl Yao, Math
- Christine Weber, Art History
- Anne Sinke, Humanities
- Susan Federici, Chemistry
- Alison Butler, Developmental Education
- Alexa Maros, Business
- Nell Johnson, English Composition
- Amanda Gerke, Spanish
- Lara Messersmith-Glavin, Developmental Education & English
- Andrew Fague, Writing
- Jessica Lamb, Writing
- Linda Jones, Early Childhood Education
- Hadiyah Miller, Early Childhood Education
- Dana Gail, Physical Education
- John Drain, Business Administration
- Deborah Edwall, PCC Prep
- Susan Iversen, Developmental Education
- Katie Leonard Floyd, Aviation & Math
- Cat Zimmerman, Instructional Improvement
- Stephanie Zink, Spanish
- Ted Picciotto, Chemistry
- Alexie McNerthney, Biology